Wednesday, June 1, 2011


A friend of mine today in response to a message said this "our lives right now are like shit and magic all mixed together. i'm somewhat bewildered and confused but i think things are going to turn out ok for us."
This is probably one of the best things I've heard in awhile.  I met this amazing group of women awhile back. Some came to me through myspace. Some through Facebook. Some are in my neighborhood. But its been a long time since I've had girlfriends. Once upon a time I had really close girlfriends. But our lives changed and after awhile through different beliefs, distance and one nasty fight, I was floating in life with no female anchors.  Yes, I have female friends. Some very close ones. But it's been a long time since i've felt part of a group. Where I can float in and out as my life dictates, as all our lives dictate, and its easy . . 
They offer a hand, a quip, a heart. And never do i feel the sting of a knife in my back as so often happens with females. They dont always coddle you, but they always love you. For WHO you are. I am me. I'm messy and prissy. I'm vulgar and shy. I'm brave and I'm terrified. I'm shit and I'm magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment